Welcome To Colbourne College, Jamaica
Professional Certificate In Handling Air Passengers: Airline And Airport Operations
Do you love travelling, enjoy meeting new people, and want to make a living from doing something that you love?
If your answer to all of the above is yes, Colbourne College gives passionate people like you the knowledge and tools they'll need for their dream to work in the airline and aviation industry. This Professional Certificate In Handling Air Passengers: Airline And Airport Operations is the perfect opportunity to get hands-on practice and the soft skills needed in passenger service operations.
Handling Air Passengers | The processing of passengers as they pass through airports is high profile and at the core of the travel experience. For many, it will be the first and last contact they will have with airline staff on their journey. You'll develop knowledge of core responsibilities in airport operations in dealing with the increasing volumes of passenger traffic, security restrictions, check-in options, and the demand for punctuality and customer care to deliver competitive and efficient passenger handling. Understanding the processes involved and the mandatory and optional services and facilities available to departing and arriving passengers at airports are key to being able to meet these requirements as part of the travel experience. It is essential to also understand how these are coordinated across the many organizations and stages of the process, including efficient monitoring and management of passenger flows. This module will help you to develop working knowledge and understanding of the facilities and services available to both arriving and departing passengers, how the processes are shared and coordinated across organizations, and put you right in the middle of developing your own operational knowledge and hands-on passenger service skills in various commercial airline and airport roles.
Onboard Passenger Operations | The course also provides skills of coordinating onboard operations and the knowledge how cabin crew teams are led in order to maintain industry safety and service standards. You will have the opportunity to see onboard operations from a bird’s eye view and explore onboard cabin operations from the viewpoint of the cabin leader and the flight crew. This will give you an important context for the study of aviation and link to leadership, teamwork and regulatory procedures. You will:
- Demonstrate how onboard passenger operations are coordinated
- Plan and practice the role and responsibilities of the flight attendant and senior cabin crew member
- Use the chain of command system for routine and emergency situations
- Show how to maintain security onboard aircraft
- Provide hospitality service
BLENDED METHOD OF COURSE DELIVERY
- Distant Learners are welcome on this course. If our timetable is difficult for you to attend or join the scheduled classes, our flexible distant learning program helps you to study and earn your professional practice certificates from anywhere you live. You can study on your own time, access the course materials online, and meet the same assessment requirements for your qualifications.
- Blended Learning. Some topics are taught face-to-face on-campus in Kingston, some are organised for delivery online, and others for distant learning.
- 100% Online. If you live outside of Kingston, you can attend the same classes held on-campus using your phone, laptop or desktop with internet. Our online campus might be perfect for you as the video and audio features will allow you to see and participate with your classmates and lecturers - all from the comfort of your home. You'll interact, practice with your peers for assessments, and join role-playing, group presentations and discussions same as if you were on-campus.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
- Guest Speakers
- Role Playing
- Case Study
- Field Trip (optional)
- Written Tests
- Oral Presentations
- Video Presentations
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, START DATES AND THE COURSE FEES
- Pay $3,000 to apply. Click here for where to make payments and submit the receipts.
- Once we receive the application fee, we'll email you the link to do the online admission placement test. You will need to earn at least 70%. You can take the online placement test as many as three times.
- After passing the online test you will need to pay the course fee to begin the class. Click here for where to make payments and submit the receipts.
- An Admission Councillor will contact you by email and/or phone to guide you through the next steps.
CAREER, VENDOR CERTIFICATION AND COLLEGE CREDITS:
On the successful completion of this course you can develop your careers in the travel and tourism sector through:
- Entering employment
- Linking with the appropriate vendor certification and accreditation. Upon passing you will earn a certificate of completion from Colbourne College. Further, we recommend that you register for external accreditation with unit certificates from the BTEC Level 3 National Diploma In Aviation for one or both modules: Unit 19 Handling Air passengers; and Unit 22 Onboard Passenger Operations. BTEC registration is not included in the fees paid and you will need to carryout additional coursework to achieve BTEC credentials. See the course mapping documents for the exemptions.
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university. College Credits are used for course exemption at university and because this certificate program is drawing from two BTEC courses on the Level 3 National Diplomas, you will be earning college credits if you choose to register for further assessments on BTEC. BTEC is the UK's largest examination board and its Level 3 Nationals are recognized by universities world-wide for admission to freshman year on relevant three-year degree programs.
If you've considered and this is the life that you want, then the next step is simple:
REGISTER NOW FOR THE NEXT COURSE STARTING SOON
Take This Qualification Anywhere You Go!
OTHER SHORT CAREER COURSES:
- US High School Diploma (GED) GED is a US High School Equivalency Certificate for adults. It's same as having five (5) or more CSEC / IGCE subjects. GED is generally accepted in all 50 US States and Canada for work and university admission. It's globally recognized test scores will show that you have a level of knowledge equivalent to high school graduates. GED is taught 100% online for three (3) Months with the final exams in Kingston. Earning high scores on your GED is a popular way to gain scholarship to US and Canadian Universities.
- Handling Air Passengers: Airline And Airport Operations. This aviation course is for aspiring Flight Attendants and Airport Terminal Passenger Service Agents. You will be learning airline and airport operations focusing on in-flight services, cabin crew communication and coordination, airport passenger terminal services, airport safety and security, customer care and more.
- Launching A New Venture: Events Management. This course is for aspiring Wedding And Party Planners covering events planning and management, food and beverage preparation, preparing contracts, marketing and business organisation and finance. You will develop the knowledge and skills to plan and manage different aspects of events and before the end of this course will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own party and bridal planning business.
- Launching A New Venture: Digital Marketing. This course covers website design and development, social media content development, marketing and management, SEO, and before the end of this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own website development and social media marketing company.
- Launching A New Venture: Planning And Selling Travel And Tours. This course will help you to develop the skills that you'll need to design, plan and carry-out local and international tours, book airline tickets, accommodations and transportation services; and before the end of this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own travel and tourism business.
- Launching A New Venture: Fashion Retailing And Buying. The field of fashion buying and retailing is exciting, diverse, fast paced, and very hands-on so be prepared to dive in. You'll be studying fashions, fabrics, the structure of the fashion industry, and influences on brands. You'll be developing fashion portfolio, launching fashion show and hosting a press-day event. This course is ideal for you if you are enthusiastic about fashion, your dream is to start an online fashion business, and your desire is to travel to fashion capitals such as LA, Miami and New York for fabrics, designer clothing and fashions shows. Before the end of the this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, register your business, and launch a website, e-commerce and its social media pages.
- Conversational Spanish. Learning a second language will be the next best step for your career. This course is popular because you will be able to converse in international business settings where Spanish is the only or preferred language spoken. You will be able to assist customers in the airports, hotels, restaurants and other business, travel and tourism contexts.
- Conversational French. Learning a second language will be the next best step for your career. This course is popular because you will be able to converse in international business settings where French is the only or preferred language spoken. You will be able to assist customers in the airports, hotels, restaurants and other business, travel and tourism contexts.