Welcome To Colbourne College, Jamaica
Professional Certificate In Launching A New Venture In Digital Marketing
There is a lot of opportunities available for digital marketers. It is time to put your social media skills to work and take advantage of this career choice.
Colbourne College gives passionate people like you the knowledge and tools they'll need for their dream to start their own business. This Professional Certificate In Launching A New Venture: Digital Marketing is offered 100% online and is a self-paced program designed for people who want to improve their skills in e-commerce. It's the perfect opportunity to get hands-on practice in creating a websites for e-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Content Marketing and Email Marketing while developing the operational skills for the business side of the industry.
Launching a New Venture | This module provides a practical understanding of what is required to successfully launch a new business venture. You'll have the opportunity to work within a small team to fully plan the launch of this new venture idea. You will learn about work through the stages of planning to launch the business venture, culminating in a group presentation of a launch plan. This will include:
- An explanation of the idea,
- How it will attract customers and have competitive advantage.
- Developing a promotional plan to get it started,
- Preparing a budget for launch and a cash flow forecast for the first 12–18 months of operation for the chosen venture.
- Learning about the need for resourcefulness when starting a new venture and to identify and tap into personal networks for valuable source of knowledge, resources, advice and opportunities.
Digital Marketing: Website Development And Social Media Content Management | Digital and Social Media is a very important part of marketing for any business and this course will help you to create a professional website, develop a Social Media Strategy, and show you how to use your website and social media channels to grow a small business. Social media management is the process of managing your online interactions and content across social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest. Basic Social Media and Website Management skills that you will develop:
- Website Planning and Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Content planning
- Optimization of Facebook page and website, with branding with current custom banners
- Research and content writing for your Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Relevant postings and interaction with your fans and followers
- Generating monthly social media report
Before the end of this course you'll successfully write a business plan, prepare a proposal for a start-up loan, and register and launch your own travel and tourism business.
BLENDED METHOD OF COURSE DELIVERY
- Distant Learners are welcome on this course. If our timetable is difficult for you to attend or join the scheduled online lectures, our flexible distant learning will help you to study and earn your professional practice certificates from anywhere. You can study on your own time, access the course materials online, and meet the same assessment requirements for your qualification.
- 100% Online. you will attend this online class using your phone, laptop or desktop with internet. Our online campus might be perfect for you as the video and audio features will allow you to see and participate with your classmates and lecturers. You'll interact, practice with your peers for assessments, and join role-playing, group presentations and discussions same as if you were on-campus.
TEACHING AND ASSESSMENT METHODS
- Case Study
- Written Tests
- Oral Presentations
- Video Presentations
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, START DATES, AND COURSE FEES
- Pay $3,000 to apply. Click here for where to make payments and submit the receipts.
- Once we receive the application fee, we'll email you the link to do the online admission placement test. You will need to earn at least 70%. You can take the online placement test as many as three times.
- After passing the online test you will need to pay the course fee to begin the class. Click here for where to make payments and submit the receipts.
- An Admission Councillor will contact you by email and/or phone to guide you through the next steps.
CAREER, VENDOR CERTIFICATION AND COLLEGE CREDITS:
On the successful completion of this course you can develop your careers in the travel and tourism sector through:
- Starting your own business
- Entering employment
- Linking with the appropriate vendor certification and accreditation. Upon passing you will earn a certificate of completion from Colbourne College. Further, we recommend that you register for external accreditation with a unit certificate from the BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma In Business for the module, Unit 28 Launching A New Venture. BTEC registration is not included in the fees paid and you will need to carryout additional coursework to achieve the BTEC unit certificate with 15 credit value. See the course mapping documents for the exemptions.
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university. College Credits are used for course exemption at university and because this certificate program is drawing from a BTEC course on the Level 5 Higher National Diploma In Business, you will be earning college credits if you choose to register for further assessments on BTEC. BTEC is the UK's largest examination board and its Level 5 Higher Nationals are recognized by universities world-wide for admission to 3rd year on relevant programs.
If you've considered and this is the life that you want, then the next step is simple:
REGISTER NOW FOR THE NEXT COURSE STARTING SOON
Take This Qualification Anywhere You Go!
OTHER SHORT PROFESSIONAL COURSES:
- US High School Diploma (GED) GED is a US High School Equivalency Certificate for adults. It's same as having five (5) or more CSEC / IGCE subjects. GED is generally accepted in all 50 US States and Canada for work and university admission. It's globally recognized test scores will show that you have a level of knowledge equivalent to high school graduates. GED is taught 100% online for three (3) Months with the final exams in Kingston. Earning high scores on your GED is a popular way to gain scholarship to US and Canadian Universities.
- Handling Air Passengers: Airline And Airport Operations. This aviation course is for aspiring Flight Attendants and Airport Terminal Passenger Service Agents. You will be learning airline and airport operations focusing on in-flight services, cabin crew communication and coordination, airport passenger terminal services, airport safety and security, customer care and more.
- Launching A New Venture: Events Management. This course is for aspiring Wedding And Party Planners covering events planning and management, food and beverage preparation, preparing contracts, marketing and business organisation and finance. You will develop the knowledge and skills to plan and manage different aspects of events and before the end of this course will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own party and bridal planning business.
- Launching A New Venture: Digital Marketing. This course covers website design and development, social media content development, marketing and management, SEO, and before the end of this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own website development and social media marketing company.
- Launching A New Venture: Planning And Selling Travel And Tours. This course will help you to develop the skills that you'll need to design, plan and carry-out local and international tours, book airline tickets, accommodations and transportation services; and before the end of this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, and register and launch your own travel and tourism business.
- Launching A New Venture: Fashion Retailing And Buying. The field of fashion buying and retailing is exciting, diverse, fast paced, and very hands-on so be prepared to dive in. You'll be studying fashions, fabrics, the structure of the fashion industry, and influences on brands. You'll be developing fashion portfolio, launching fashion show and hosting a press-day event. This course is ideal for you if you are enthusiastic about fashion, your dream is to start an online fashion business, and your desire is to travel to fashion capitals such as LA, Miami and New York for fabrics, designer clothing and fashions shows. Before the end of the this course you will successfully write a business plan, learn how to acquire a small business loan, register your business, and launch a website, e-commerce and its social media pages.
- Conversational Spanish. Learning a second language will be the next best step for your career. This course is popular because you will be able to converse in international business settings where Spanish is the only or preferred language spoken. You will be able to assist customers in the airports, hotels, restaurants and other business, travel and tourism contexts.
- Conversational French. Learning a second language will be the next best step for your career. This course is popular because you will be able to converse in international business settings where French is the only or preferred language spoken. You will be able to assist customers in the airports, hotels, restaurants and other business, travel and tourism contexts.